You’ve perhaps made some intentions and goals such as losing weight, exercise more, get out of debt, make more money, better your relationships, go back to school, launch a business, expand your business, get a new job or promotion, find true love, get rid of what you thought was true love and etc.
Whatever your goals, you’re probably feeling pretty good right now. But how do you keep this good optimistic feeling throughout the year when life shows up unexpectedly and tries to throw you off course?
That’s the million dollar question, isn’t it? Because we’ve all been right here before. As a matter of fact, we were just here last year this time. And many of us got derailed and thrown off course.
How do we prevent this from happening again?
The answer is simple. You can’t prevent this from happening.
Life is about cycle and seasons. The natural world dances to the music of change, the day turning to night and the change of seasons. Understanding this universal law helps us to understand that whatever rises, will fall and rise again.
The winds of change will come this year. Just as it did last year and every year. It may come as a fierce hurricane, ripping through your heart, or a tender breeze that caresses your cheeks. Sometimes life can feel like a blessing and other times like a curse. It’s simply the truth.
How we master change is that we learn to align ourselves with the cycles of time. We do as the natural world does, we dance to the music of change. We become acutely aware of what’s happening so that we can make the right choices in alignment with the change.
This doesn’t mean that you will not achieve your goals that you’ve set for yourself. It simply means that you are readying yourself for what shows up so that it doesn’t derail you and prevent you from living your dreams. When you resist change or even try to force change before its time, you create more struggle. But when you learn to flow with change, align, be flexible, you will see your dreams unfold naturally.
You must know when to act, when to be still, when to talk, when to be silent, when to work, when to rest, when to build and when not to build. It’s called going deeper to find that reservoir of wisdom, courage and fearlessness that keeps you steady and moving in the right direction. I must warn you that you can’t always truthfully know what to do. Because you run the risk of giving into your erroneous beliefs and former programming that will always prevent you from moving forward.
This is why, this year, you will do something new…something different. You will align yourself with a mentor/coach to help you navigate through the waters of change. This person helps you to see your blind spots, new perspective and another way. Because if you don’t, you run the risk of sabotaging your success.
I would never attempt to navigate life without someone to help me. Someone who believes in me when I can’t believe in myself. Someone to hold that space for me to shine. I recommend that you do the same. If there was one thing that I would tell every woman to do this year, to ensure her success…it would be to find that one person to help her on the journey. It’s the game changer.
So, enjoy this season. It’s the best feeling to know that you have a new beginning. Remember this moment, because when the season begin to change, you want to take this feeling, this moment with you and move with the winds of change.
What’s the one thing you want for your life in 2018? Share it below.
And one thing for sure, our world is in need of transformation. As a heart centered entrepreneur, I am always looking for ways to better serve my clients, my community, my country and the world.
I want to see us get it right. I want to see us live in harmony, peace, abundance and love with each other. Some say that I’m dreaming. I say that this is how dreams are made. You hold these images in your heart and find ways to participate in making them a reality.
I believe our next level of change and transformation will be lead by women. Not just women, but Awakened Women. The Awakened Woman is one who has arisen from her sleep and is now owning her strength, her power and her voice to speak and give life back to things that are dying or have died.
So much has died in our midst. But this is about to change. I have declared 2018 The Year of the Awakened Woman. The stage has been set. Never in human recorded history has there been the perfect time for an UNKNOWN to come on the scene with a new, fresh, and relevant message of change, transformation and hope, than it is right now.
Bishop Desmond Tutu wrote, “Our earth home and all forms of life in it are at grave risk. We men have made a proper mess of things. We need women to save us.”
And while the time is right for us to step up, there’s some things we must do first.
3 Things I Suggest We Must Do:
1. Heal Your Daddy/Mother Wounds. If we don’t face and heal the pain of our primary foundational relationships, we will miss our window of opportunity to usher in this new world cultural story that only women can do. These relationships shape our identity. We must heal them in order to awaken to the truth of who we really are.
2. Find Your Authentic Voice: It’s time to dig deep and listen to the language of your heart and not the inner negative chatter of our mind. It’s in your heart where your true authentic voice lives.
3. Discover Your Message: We all come into this world to share a message with the world. It’s up to you to find out what your message.. I can tell you that your message is wrapped up in your life’s story.
4. Find a Vehicle: I believe that entrepreneurship is the best vehicle for creating change. Most women start businesses with the intentions of creating change in the world. Launch that business, wrap your message in it and fulfill your purpose.
The woman who will hear this will respond and react with a maternal concern to the pain and suffering of others. Especially those who are vulnerable and powerless. This is a collective bigger story about being an Awakened Woman in the 21st Century.
We all have had some pretty horrible break ups in our lives. Whether it was a marriage that ended, a friendship or business partnership, these kind of breakups can throw us into a tail spin of questions, confusion, pain and even regret. We begin questioning ourselves about what happened, why did it happen and who’s fault was it? We talk about with anyone who will listen. We feel compelled to talk about it over and over again.
What we are really trying to do is make some sense of what happened. We’re also trying to talk ourselves into it not being our fault. Subconsciously, we believe that if it’s not our fault that somehow we will feel better about what happened. Actually, we feel worse. And we find ourselves stuck and unable to truly move forward.
Does that sound about right? Have you been down this road before? Of course you have and guess what? There’s no guarantee that you won’t go down that road again. Let’s face it! Life happens and it’s not always pretty. We’ve all taken some hard blows in this life. We’ve all felt at one time or another that the bottom just fell out. You maybe there right now. When this happens, we feel like we simply cannot move. The pain is so intense that we are not sure if we will ever breathe again.
I’ve been there, you’ve been there and we’ve witnessed people that we love in that space as well. Then someone comes along and says to us, “You gotta let it go.” Don’t you just want to punch them in the face! I remember thinking, “Let it go! Are you crazy? Do you know what they did to me?” Ah ha, I have to laugh at this because I would be serious and angry at the same time. I used to think that was the most ridiculous thing anyone could say to a hurting person.
Yet, I’ve discovered that it was the most loving thing that I could do for myself. You see, when you continue to talk about the situation over and over again, you continue to recreate the original offense, hurt and pain over and over again. When you live in that space of intense pain, confusion and regret, you create bigger issues for yourself.
I want to share with you three things you can do to start the process of Letting Go:
- Stop Talking About It to Everyone: You body hears and takes in everything. The negative energy that accompanies the words/feelings/thoughts you continue to exchange with others about the situation goes right into your body. You may not see the results of this right away. But perhaps months or even years, your body begins to respond to the negative energy you heaped upon it and it shows up in diseases or come kind of illness. “Angela, are you saying that I am creating illnesses in my body just because I am talking about it?” Yes, I am. There are tons of research and scientific studies that prove negative thinking, feelings can create chronic illnesses in the body. If you need to talk things out to get some clarity, then hire a professional therapist. At least they will help you find a healthier way to talk about it and give you the proper tools on releasing and letting go.
- Choose to Forgive: I know it’s sometimes easier to say than to do. Only until you recognize that forgiveness is more about you than about the other person. When you don’t forgive, you remain stuck in the space of the offense. You become the person who cannot recreate a new narrative for your life because you are stuck. And even if you do try to move forward, nothing will happen because un-forgiveness serves as a block or barrier to your success. It will prevent anything from happening. When I learned this truth, I was willing to forgive everybody for everything. I could not imagine allowing something that someone did to me control my destiny. You take back your life and your control when you forgive. You choose YOU when you forgive.
- Set a Move On Date: Look at your calendar and set a date for when you are going to “Move On.” Mark that date on your calendar and it’s the day that you will take some kind of action step that indicates you are moving on. You may not feel like moving on but do it anyway. Remember, you cannot trust your feelings because they are connected to your erroneous belief system. Let’s say, you had a break up with a business partner and it’s left you in financial debt and broke. Set a date for when you are going to move forward. On that date, schedule to sit down and talk to a financial counselor who can help you find ways to lower your debt, give advice and move you in the right direction. There are tons of free services out there that will even call the creditors and negotiate lower balances and interest rates on your behalf. Also, launch a new online business that can create some easy and quick revenue. You can learn how to do this by watching some Youtube videos. These may seem like small steps, but doing enough of these small steps consistently can literally change your life. Whatever you do, set a move on date and take corresponding actions.
Remember, like is too short to hold onto to things that no longer serve you. The most loving thing that you can do for your life and yourself is to let go. When you resist the flow of life, you create more struggle. But when you surrender to the flow and to the principles that govern the universe, you create a space of infinite possibilities for your life. Choose you and live.
What are you willing to let go of today? Let us hear from you. Share in the comments below. Also share this on your Facebook page.